VORTICE DANCE COMPANY
Founded by Director / Choreographers Cláudia Martins (1979) and Rafael Carriço (1976), Vortice Dance Company have developed an international profile with their catalogue of critically acclaimed, award winning touring shows “Dracula”, “Soliloquy about Wonderland”, “Your Majesties, Welcome to the Anthropocene”, “Fátima, The day the Sun danced”, among others.
Their work have been recognized for the audience and for the critic of many different countries like Japan, China, Qatar, France, Romania, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Brazil, Latvia, Hungary, Belgium, Angola, Italy, Marocco, Portugal, Mexico, Macedonia, Usa, among others.
UNESCO – Grand Prix of Choreography | Phillip Morris, Ballet and Choreography Competition, Helsinki 2001, given by Tarja Halonem, President of Finland, at the Opera of Helsinki
Audience Award | 4th Japan International Ballet & Modern Dance Competition, given by Your Highness Prince Takamado and Maia Plisetskaya
Phillip Morris Recognizement Award | 7th International Baltic Ballet Festival, at the Opera of Riga, Latvia, given by Vaira Vike-Freiberga, President of Latvia
Audience Award | Best Solo and Duet Festival, at Trafo House of Contemporary Arts in Budapest, Hungary, 2005
Phillip Morris Recognizement Award | 9th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
1th Prix Professionnelle | Printemps de la Danse, Gland, Suitzland, in 2001
Finalist | Contemporary duet in the 9º Concours International de Danse de Paris
Recognizement Award | 13th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia, given by the mayor of the city
Honorable Mention | Ourém City, Portugal in 2003
Global touring dance company Vortice make their work debut with a stunning performance combining effortlessly combining virtuoso ballet, contemporary dance, visual theatre with incredible stage design .
As choreographers/creative team they have been worked with a variety of theatres, opera houses, ballet companies National Opera Macedonia, Angola Contemporary Dance Company, Franco Dragone Group, Dirk Decloudt, Aynil, Afroreggae, etc.
All the rooms where the Vortice Dance Company presented its shows we can highlight:
- Helsinki Opera House, Finland
- Macedonian Opera House
- National Opera of Riga, Latvia
- National Opera Romania, Bucharest
- National Theater Romania, Bucharest
- Cultural Center Villa de Madrid, Spain
- National Dance Theatre, Budapest, Hungary
- Theatre Odeon, Bucharest, Romania
- Aichi Prefectural Art Theater, Nagoya, Japan
- Forum Grimnaldi, Monaco
- Trafo House of Contemporary Arts, Budapest, Hungary
- Theatre Des Champs Elyse’s, Paris, France
- Forum des Halles, Paris, France
- Theatre Mohammed V, Rabat, Marrocos
- Gare TGV Liége-Guillemins, Belgic
- Theater Jovellanos, Gijon, Spain
- Choreographers Showcase, Copenhagen, Denmark Opera
- Theatre Comunale, Bolzano, Italy
- Theatre Comunale di Carpi, Italy
- Gran Teatro Cádiz, Spain
- Qatar Foundation, Qatar
- Teatro Bradesco, São Paulo, Brasil
- Teatro Bradesco, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- Olympia Theater, Miami, USA
- Salvatore Capezio Theater, NYC, USA
- among others.